Help with More Restricted Departments
To assist you in choosing courses for your Integrative Studies fields, the following handouts have suggestions for advanced courses in departments that can be more restrictive. Unless noted, these may not be your only options. Please check course offerings every semester for additional courses. Please note that you are always responsible to meet a course prerequiste. See your Academic Counselor for help with questions and understanding your field requirements.
- Communication Studies
- International Studies
- Kinesiology, Health Promotion, and Recreation Sports Management
- Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism
- Social Work
- Women's and Gender Studies
Bachelor of Science
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science instead of doing foreign language they have 6 hours in consultation with an Academic Counselor. The Other Course Requirements (OCR) list includes courses in Technical, Professional and Scientific Communication and/or Global Leadership and Intercultural Perspectives. Note: Courses used to satisfy Other Course Requirements (OCR) cannot also be used in the three fields for the Integrative Studies major.
Enhancing your Marketability
It is important to be able to communicate what transferable skills you have aquired in college through your classes, campus resources, and internships. You can also add an Undergradaute Academic Certificate to your degree plan.
- Understanding Your Skills (Major Proposal Question 1)
- Campus Resources (Major Proposal Question 2)
- Internship Information
- Undergraduate Academic Certificates
- Marketing Your Multi-Disciplinary Degree Workshop: Practice how to sell your major.
- UCRS 2100 Career Development. 1 hour P/NP course to explore what you want to do for a career.
Themes for Integrative Studies
The following are some suggested themes for fields in Integrative Studies majors.
- Business Theme for those transferring from the College of Business- Bachelor of Science
- Latino/a and Mexican-American Studies Theme- Bachelor of Arts
- Latino/a and Mexican-American Studies Theme- Bachelor of Science
- Pre-Medical School and Pre-Dental School Theme- Bachelor of Arts
- Pre-Medical School and Pre-Dental School Theme- Bachelor of Science
Four Year Plans
The following are Four Year Plans in order to stay on track to graduate.